Sunday, May 20, 2018

Agents of Change

Everything's about to change
I feel it in my veins, it's not going away
Everything's about to change

WWE Over the Limit 2012: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
6 years ago to the date I was amazed by this match, watching at live on 5 AM. 6 years after, I am still amazed by how great it is. It's a match that I will never think of anything less than as one of the greatest of all-time. Everything from the atmosphere, to Bryan mouthing "no you're not" while Punk yelled "BEST IN THE WORLD!" during his entrance, to the absolutely amazing offense of both men, to the brutally focused work on the leg by Punk, to the mauling Bryan delivered to Punk's mid-section, to the callbacks to their indy matches, to the CURB STOMP, to the "I HAVE TILL 5!", it's just perfect stuff in my eyes. One of my favorite matches. Just a couple of indy schmucks having a battle to prove who is the best, for the most prestigious championship in the business. *****

3 comments:

  1. Need to watch this. What are your other favourite matches ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's quite a few matches I've rated 5-stars haha. Might make a post about them in the near future. The absolute top of the top include Bryan/KENTA, Bryan/Morishima, Bryan/Nigel, Bryan/London, Okada/Shibata, Misawa/Kawada etc.

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to that post! My favourite one is Okada-Shibata (Sakura Genesis 2017).

    ReplyDelete