Wednesday, June 19, 2019

RAW: New Horizons edition

WWE RAW 06/17/19: Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins
Been a while since these two met! I don't consider myself a Seth Rollins fan at all, but him & Bryan have a long history of having great matches against each other. It goes all the way back to their very first singles meeting in ROH, so I was pretty excited for them going at it again. Wasn't disappointed at all - it was a very good match, and while the whole beginning DQ deal felt very unnecessary, it helped the "2nd" match get a very sprintish vibe, and I very much liked it. Man, Bryan was such a joy to watch (as always), viciously dissecting Rollins with his lovely kicks & holds - I, in particular thought that both of his LeBell Locks looked even more brutal than usual. And that actually brings me to the ONE thing that I disliked about the thing, which was the VINTAGE SEFFFTH shitty superplex no-sell spot - not a fan of Bryan being a part of it, but at least we got that goddamn awesome LeBell Lock out of it instead of your usual shitty Falcon Arrow. ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment