Friday, October 30, 2020

NXT UK makes SOME NOISE w/ WALTER & Ilja


WWE NXT UK 10/29/20: Ilja Dragunov vs. WALTER
 This is one of those matches that obviously was great. It's one of those matches that obviously was great, but for whatever reason(s) that I can't even name, I just didn't enjoy it on a level that I enjoy matches that I would call certified great ones. It feels super weird & stupid to type that out, but that's how I felt when this match was going & once it was over. Maybe it's because I've seen them do this match quite a few times already, and I feel like WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov hit their peak at wXw Superstars of Wrestling 2018 when it comes to my enjoyment of the pairing, but yeah. It was great, but it really was "just" very good to me. That is not a complaint at all, because I am still rating this pretty high, but I also recognize that it definitely was better than what my personal rating suggests. A true war in the style of Ilja & WALTER, a match that should be watched. ***3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment