Sunday, January 2, 2022

WWE DAY 1: Usos/New Day, Bork

 


WWE DAY 1

The New Day vs. The Usos
This is a tag team match-up pairing that usually always works, so on paper it's certainly not a bad way to kick off the new year. I thought that this was one of the lesser matches of theirs that I've seen, though. It was a very basic tag match, with performances from both sides that I didn't find very interesting at all. The Usos weren't grabbing me with their work on top, and the New Day's comebacks weren't energetic or explosive enough to do anything for me either. Some soulless nearfalls in there as well of course, which also had no impact on me whatsoever due to the wrestling leading up to 'em being so meh. *3/4

Big E vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
The addition of Brock definitely helped make this match better than it was probably gonna be. It was a solid sub-10 minute bombfest sprint with no filler at all. Good moments on the offense by Big E, Lashley & Lesnar + the little story w/ Owens & Rollins teaming up was nicely executed, as well. No-nonsense fun. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment