Tuesday, March 23, 2021

FASTLANE 2021: BRYAN vs THE BIG DOG


WWE FASTLANE 2021

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
A very typical midcard Seth Rollins & Shinsuke Nakamura match. Quite fitting, isn't it. Nothing very memorable at all, but also not bad at all. Seth doing the Black Magic was pretty neat. **

Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus
I definitely can appreciate this heavyweight showdown that McIntyre & Sheamus put on. Gnarly bombs & vicious strikes all match long w/ some genuinely sick looking n' sounding kendo-stick shots. Good shit, even if I didn't care for some of the brawling around the arena. The match did feature some vintage WWE no dq gimmick-match tropes, and that resulted in some dead periods of time, but the work between the two men was really strong when it was REALLY going, so yeah. It was a good match. ***

Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns
This is honestly the kind of a rare match that "deserves" a more detailed review, and I will post it one of these days, but all I can & will say now is that this shit made me geek & mark out like I was 16 years old again. Absolute magic from entrances to the final bell. A masterpiece & the real first MOTYC of 2021. Not sure how many starz I'd give it, but it's deffo 4.5+

No comments:

Post a Comment